On Saturday, I mentioned how much I love fall. Yet today I am feeling without inspiration of something to write about. I've been too busy to think about decorating our new house. I've been too tight with money to buy any new clothes or shoes (which I'm dying for shoes right now). We don't have cable so I'm not watching as much TV. I've been talking about running in practically every post so I don't want to bore you with that. I've been eating terribly lately. I'm still dreaming of traveling somewhere, but I talk about that all the time too. I'm in a writing slump. So what has actually been on my mind lately, well I'll summarize:
- Which Praxis test to take next
- I want to teach elementary school, not middle school
- The fact that I want to run a race every month to keep myself motivated to run
- Eating...specifically what I can eat that is terrible for me and cancels out any running I've actually done
- How to survive the rest of this school year/is there anyway I can transfer to another school without burning bridges
- Ray LaMontagne
- Books I've been reading and movies I've been watching while D has been out of town
- How I should totally be going to classes at the gym, yet I am not
- What the heck I am going to do for xmas gifts this year
Again, sorry for a lackluster post. I know a lot of this doesn't make sense. These questions/thoughts/ideas are occupying most of my mind recently.
To end on another note, I do daily free-writing with my two language arts classes. They can write about anything, but I also supply them with a topic (since most of them "don't know what to write about" if I just leave it open). One day the topic was "Finish this phrase, 'Life is like...'" A few of them said, "Life is like a roller coaster." They all put different reasons why. They're right though. In August/September, I was on an up. The high lasted even as I was going down. I was starting the school year, things were going well. We were happy looking at houses, etc. I was doing wonderfully working out and felt good about myself again. Then I hit that dip. I'm not quite sure what the roller coaster will do next...
Sorry for the cheesiness of the roller coaster analogy. Hopefully inspired posts will be coming soon.