I've been making it through lately. While I haven't been thrilled receiving my medical bills from the x-rays, MRI, and costs just to have someone "read" the MRI, I'm ecstatic to be going back to the doctor and heading out to Chicago on Wednesday! I've got a two day week ahead (with a couple of really loud kids going to be absent!) and focusing on the positive. As for the last two weeks, I haven't focused much on the gym (everything gets really tiring and old with a knee scooter and crutches) but I have been enjoying reading and relaxing.
[What do you do on your first weekend with crutches and off Whole 30? Go explore campgrounds and eat/drink Mexican fare.]
[Teacher appreciation week was really good to me. I'm so incredibly lucky to have a job I love and where I'm appreciated.]
[Awesome cards from Happy Dappy Bits! Cards are eco-friendly and I used the Congrats card to celebrate my running friend's graduation from nursing school.]
[Enjoying a Terrapin Tree Hugger + my favorite tuna app from Tyler's Taproom. Sometimes it's good to get out and about while on crutches.]
[When you're semi-handicapped and working with three year-olds, your weeks don't feel shorter. Sometimes Friday celebrations deserve local beer.]
[This happened for about 10 minutes at Target. I swear that thing almost died on me in the middle of the aisle. Ditched it in the pharmacy section. Damn did my arms hurt after crutching around the entire rest of the store.]
[Favorite lunchtime activity :: writing cards and reading. Trying to finish up Animal, Vegetable, Miracle before we start our book for book club.]
[A "mixer" at Foundation for the first book club meeting. It was a success and I can't wait for the next meet-up!]
[My first time cooking with collard greens. They were one of the only local produce finds at Whole Foods.]
[Falafel made with chick peas and collard greens!]
[D came home a night early before he flew out again! We enjoyed a lazy Saturday and tried out the pizza at Trophy Brewing. Loved the pizza (and of course the beer)!]
If you're still hanging around after all these pictures, here's what I'm loving lately...
- I'm obsessed with smoothies these days, and how smart is it to add green tea to a smoothie like Sarah did?
- I loved Lesley's post about being an introvert, which I totally am.
- Ashley introduced me to this amazing article about making lunch with Michael Pollan, whom I just adore. Definitely worth a read!
- Katie's Tofu Lo Mein looks unbelievably easy and delicious!
- Kelley's pictures of her work have me swooning over starting a coffee shop one day...
- So in love with Alex's orange top and the backdrop of these pictures. She's just the cutest!
- I really want someone to make these cookies from Nikki. They look amazing!
- In an effort to be less selfish this year, I'm trying to keep in mind these 18 ways to be a better friend.