- Many of my students do not test well and have a history of not testing well (not that I can blame them with the stress they put on these tests).
- If students do not pass the first time, they must be subjected to 5 hours of
"remediation,"listening to a teacher drone on about the subject per test.
- I teach two core subjects tested.
- Students who do not pass the re-test must have work sample folders (complied of not only work but a million other pieces of paperwork) made for each subject test not passed.
- I judge myself and my teaching ability on my students' success on this test even though I shouldn't.
- I got placed in a shit situation this year and feel like I was doomed for failure
- I might have 16 work folders to compile in one week.
- I might have to compile folders while also trying to plan for the remainder of the year and deal with crazy students.
I looked to Weheartit to get some inspiration and push away a little of the stress and anxiety.
[I seriously feel like as a teacher, I need that tattoo on my wrist.]
Everything will be alright. I'll get through this no matter how many tears fall along the way. I'll get right back into running tomorrow. I just need to remember to maintain my routines and be strong.