1. My sickness that is still lingering a bit. It caused me to miss a good bit of my training.
2. The weather forecast is predicting a high of 60 degrees. It typically doesn't reach the high until around 2. I'll be running at 7 or 8 in the morning. I wouldn't be too worried if it wasn't for my first running failure two weekends ago in which cold weather was against me.
3. My knees. They've been feeling a little weak and sore for these last two weeks...and that's only running shorter distances.
4. My sickness. It's still be lingering, and my breathing has still been difficult.
5. My pace has slowed. While I know the treadmill isn't the best place to gauge my pace, I can tell I'm slower than I was pre-sickness.
6. My last runs have been on the treadmill. I really don't like this, but with the the cold lingering and the weather remaining chilly, I couldn't risk my sickness worsening.
While I am feeling my nerves getting to me, I'm keeping my eye on the prize. Finishing.
[What?! I want a Tiffany necklace for finishing!]
I've worked too hard to fail. It is not an option; it never was. I can overcome these obstacles. My body is ready for this. What percentage of running is mental? I think I've got the mental part down.
I'm pretty sure, this is going to be my mantra.