A while back I was inspired by Kathy Griffin* to write a Bucket List. In a wonderfully hilarious episode of "My Life on the D List" in which Kathy gets her mom to write a Bucket List, I figured I should make my own. Through all of our moving, I have of course misplaced my written Bucket List. I figured I'd publish what I remember and chronicle along the way as I mark things off.
BUCKET LIST UPDATED 06/2010
- Return to Cambodia with MPK: My sister, MPK, is adopted from Cambodia. My entire family ventured there the summer before my senior year in high school. It was a life changing experience and I can't wait for the day that I get to take MPK back there and share that experience with her.
This is an older pic of MPK, she's now 9 years old!
- Visit Columbia with MGK: My other sister, MGK is adopted from Columbia. She was adopted while I was in college and I didn't get to venture down for that two month trip. I want to do the same for MGK and see where she was born.
MGK in 2008; she is now about to be 7.
- Visit California wine country: D and I have never been to California at all. We've heard wonderful things about wine country and are dying to go. I mean what could be better than drinking wine all day?
- Eat in one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants: That's right. D and I are big fans of Kicthen Nightmares, Hell's Kitchen, and other mildly entertaining Ramsay shows. I have to eat at one of his restaurants before I die.
- Travel to New Zealand
- Travel to NYC (I obviously have lots of places I want to travel)
- Meet Lady Gaga: I'm trying to put things on my list that are mostly attainable. This may never happen, but I at least have to try. I think about the influence Gaga has had on me over the past year, and I know she is someone I want to meet in person. Hmm...how to make this happen?
One of my favorite Gaga pictures; Elle January 2010 photo spread
- Own a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes: Just so I can sort of feel like I was once a character from Sex and the City. Yes, they cost probably more than half of my wonderfully small teachers salary. One day I will have a fabulous pair of heels that I will have nowhere to wear them to...
- Buy a house: Where? Who knows. When? Who knows (except all I know is that I can't wait to upgrade from this little house). We will though.
- See a Broadway show
- Travel to every continent: Well...I've marked off Europe, South America, and Asia. I'd love to go back to South America and Asia with D. So maybe I should amend this bullet to include "with D."
- Run a half marathon: Maybe I can eventually amend this to whole marathon...but let's don't get too far ahead of myself.
- Become a teacher: Working on this one. I'm not technically going to cross it off until I am officially certified as a REAL teacher
- Be in the audience for a taping of Ellen: I love Ellen and her show. I need to make this on a priority since you never know when shows will be pulled off the air.
- Ride in a hot air balloon: I am pretty afraid of heights. I think I'd be totally scared doing this, but I think it would be so special. Hot air ballooning over Cali wine country?
- Eat another Belgian waffle in Bruges, Belgium: This was one of my favorite memories from our Europe trip. I HAVE to go back and do it again.
[My actual Belgian waffle...most amazing snack EVER.]
- Volunteer in an orphanage: I think that people can never really understand the extreme poverty and situations people live in in other countries unless they see it. I want to see and experience this again.
Backpack Europe: Check. June/July 2009. And got engaged :) Move out of Georgia: Check. March 2010. ABOUT TIME.
*I used to be a hater of Kathy. After watching "My Life on the D List, I seriously could not get enough of her. She is a lover of the GLBT community, her mother, Maggie, and all things related to being an attention whore. Love her.